OT: Traitor president kicked in balls...again.

We won't help our cause by beheading POWs, and we can't excuse ourselves just because the enemy's standards of treatment are bad. Ideal treatment of POWs would make them want to be our allies.

Reply to
rantonrave

How much less deadly is a soldier without a uniform our country? Did it really matter whether you were up against NLF, VC, or North Vietnamese fighters? And how has our treatment of prisoners from Iraq and Afghanistan helped us win the wars there?

Reply to
rantonrave

Backbone is something George Bush never had and never will have.

Reply to
rantonrave

Just one problem: The government has found that quite a few of them have done nothing, and they've been released. If that happened to you, you'd have a shark attorney all over the case within 20 minutes of being released.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You show lack of judgment. Sometimes it's not just about winning. The soldier without a uniform or country can commit atrocities and know that those who trained and sponsored him won't be held accountable by any global policing organization.

Why did the writers of the Geneva articles find it necessary to write it as they did? Did they know something that you don't know? Or were those just some arbitrary distinctions they put in there to add some verbiage?

Why do you get to pick and choose which parts of the Geneva articles we get to ignore and which ones apply (and apply only to our side) without it being changed? Is it a binding document or not?

I'll ask for I think the third time: Who do we hold accountable for these people without a country when they commit atrocities? Who do we complain to? Have you heard any complaints about them or their sponsors by Amnesty International or the U.N. - and why not?

Bill Putney

If you believe that, you're an idiot.

Bill Putney

If you believe George Bush, you're an idiot, and, thanks to his silly war in Iraq, the Taliban is making quite a comeback in Afghanistan:

rantonrave