OT: Wrong Country

I like chimpanzees, but here's what happens when you elect one to the White House. He can't tell the real terrorists from the "folks". Pakistan can't be trusted. Chimp sells jets to country that can't be trusted. Now, people chosen by the chimp's daddy point out a little problem with our so-called "ally".

Somebody fetch the chimp some bananas.

October 29, 2001 Pakistani Intelligence Had Links to Al Qaeda, U.S. Officials Say By JAMES RISEN and JUDITH MILLER WASHINGTON, Oct. 28 - The intelligence service of Pakistan, a crucial American ally in the war on terrorism, has had an indirect but longstanding relationship with Al Qaeda, turning a blind eye for years to the growing ties between Osama bin Laden and the Taliban, according to American officials. The intelligence service even used Al Qaeda camps in Afghanistan to train covert operatives for use in a war of terror against India, the Americans say.The intelligence service, known as Inter-Services Intelligence, or I.S.I., also maintained direct links to guerrillas fighting in the disputed territory of Kashmir on Pakistan's border with India, the officials said. American fears over the agency's dealings with Kashmiri militant groups and with the Taliban government of Afghanistan became so great last year that the Secret Service adamantly opposed a planned trip by President Clinton to Pakistan out of concern for his safety, former senior American officials said. The fear was that Pakistani security forces were so badly penetrated by terrorists that extremist groups, possibly including Mr. bin Laden's network, Al Qaeda, would learn of the president's travel route from sympathizers within the I.S.I. and try to shoot down his plane.

March 26, 2005 Bush: U.S. to Sell F-16s to Pakistan Reversal, Decried by India, Is Coupled With Fighter-Jet Promise to New Delhi CRAWFORD, Tex., March 25 -- President Bush rewarded a key ally in the war on terrorism Friday by authorizing the sale of F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan, a move that reversed 15 years of policy begun under his father and that India warned would destabilize the volatile region. The United States barred the sale of F-16s to Pakistan in 1990 out of concern over its then-undeclared nuclear weapons program, but Bush has forged a close relationship with Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf since Sept. 11, 2001, and considers his help crucial in the battle against Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda terrorist organization. Pakistan initially wants to buy about two dozen aircraft, but Bush administration officials said there would be no limits on how many it could eventually purchase.

Then, today: Spy Chief Pushes for Action in Pakistan WASHINGTON (AP) - More must be done to go after al-Qaida, which is trying to establish training camps and other operations in some of Pakistan's most ungoverned territory, the new U.S. spy chief said Tuesday. "It's something we're very worried about and very concerned about," Mike McConnell told the Senate Armed Services Committee in a hearing on global threats. McConnell said the U.S. believes al-Qaida's top two leaders - Osama bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahri - are hiding in the rugged frontiers of northwestern Pakistan and are attempting to establish an operational base there. He noted that al-Qaida's camps are in an area that has never been governed by any state or outside power. McConnell's push for action along the Afghan-Pakistani border echoed concerns raised by Vice President Dick Cheney during a face-to-face meeting Monday with Pakistani President Gen. Pervez Musharraf. Cheney was accompanied by Deputy CIA Director Stephen Kappes - a sign that intelligence played a strong role in the case made to Musharraf.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Stop spreading facts. It's un-Republican.

Reply to
dh

It scares them. Not a single comment on this since 10-something this morning. Funny.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom