(OT:) Yeah, there's k00ks on BOTH sides of the aisle...

Scroll down to Brian Williams and click on "We've got mail"

Check out the mail about the LED Christams light story (BTW, NBC has been saying "Christmas", not "Holiday". Good for them!)

Yesterday they did a story about LED Christmas lights, and said they were in use on the National Christmas tree and the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center.

Woman writes an e-mail saying the story was a thinly veiled advertisement for GE, since GE owns NBC, and makes LED Christmas lights, and ends the letter with Liberal (agenda? I can't remember now...) Exposed!

HUH?!?!? They did a story on Christmas lights that save money, electricity and are 'environmentally friendly'! HOW do you get any kind of Liberal

*ANYTHING* out of that?! (Well, except for the 'environmentally friendly', of course, but then, they *ARE!*)

Yep, we Conservatives have our share of k00ks, too...it's just a lot easier to find the Liberal ones, esp since most of them are in Congress...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Pretty easy to find both here, as well. Even extreme or stupid enough to necessitate a killfile.

Scott, FH, and FI. Virtual cellmates. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

You should reconsider you selections.

Reply to
dbu.

I have NEVER used a killfile. Never.

That said, it's only a matter of time before you encounter someone who just begs to be incarcerated. Some individuals, such as in mine, are seemingly incapable of independent thought or reason. Parrots merely spewing the Kool Aid they drink on websites not worth their bandwidth.

Silliness has forced my hand, and the group is far more enjoyable.

Reply to
witfal

Why? I hate usenet trolls.

Reply to
witfal

What is a usenet troll?

Reply to
dbu.

People whose obvious purpose in life is simply to cause trouble on a group. This is done via intectually inferior diminutions or perversions of other's names coupled with nothing posted of substance, posts that are so obviously ridiculous that their purpose is just to inflame others, or even posts that contain content so utterly without thought that it defies logic and cannot be reconciled with facts.

Example: Scott always "wins" in his own mind, though he's thoroughly hammered by both conservatives and liberals. FH and FI are similarly foolish at the left end of the shallow gene pool.

One characteristic that is very often present, though not required: The troll has always "just stopped by" or "found this group by accident", followed by "I'm leaving now".

But they never do.

The Mac groups are rife with them. PC "experts" that have no use whatsoever for Apple or Macs simply inhabit the groups to destroy a forum that threatens their insular views on computers. Much like the extremists in my killfile do in their opinions on politics, they have no redeeming qualities that make me want to read their tripe and merely ruin what could be a productive arena. I left the Mac groups due to their staggering numbers. It's just not worth the time wading through the verbal sewage.

We have five here, but two don't post often enough to bother me with a killfile entry. They do provide some comic relief or fodder for "character" study, but that's about it.

Reply to
witfal

Not at all. Those who immediately find themselves "over their heads" resort to stupid name perversions. Witfal becomes witless, or something equally "clever". I'm not defining the term "troll". That's been done for quite some time.

If that's true, I'd like to see it. Scott is merely a legend in his own mind, much like FH. They only wallow in arrogance.

Maybe. I'm using classic parameters. Google it. You'll see what I mean.

Reply to
witfal

In *my* case lets be truthful and zero in on "perversions of other's names" and then if you're so inclined go back and see who insulted whom, first.

Reply to
F.H.

Unintended irony is always the best.

Reply to
F.H.

Are you related to Margaret?

Reply to
badgolferman

Now how am I going to get off the MTA?

I still think he's a F***ing Headcase of a Liberal.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
n5hsr

Now, now!

Well, whoever this woman was, she seemed to think NBC was doing some self-serving horn blowing by reporting on the LED lights used on the National tree and the one at Rockefeller Center. Like I said, k00ks on both sides...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Please, can I wait until we get someone worth getting it recalibrated?!

(Um, that is, *IF*!)

Reply to
Hachiroku