Both sides of the aisle...OT

Republicans and Democrats.

All doing this should be made to resign, blind trusts or not.

Reply to
witfal

No politician has more invested there than Cheney.

Reply to
manny

Amount is irrelevant. The Dems ran on a platform of no corruption.

They "caught on" quickly, or were guilty all along.

Reply to
witfal

Too busy to look into this at the moment. But, is it illegal for a company like J&J to sell Q-tips in countries considered to be sponsors of terrorism? If not, and they do sell Q-tips in those countries, would you dump that stock from your portfolio?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'd not worry about Q-tips.

But if a company were dealing with terrorist states, I'd drop 'em fast.

TTBOMK, none of my stocks or funds do so. My financial advisor actually asked me when I signed with him years ago what companies I'd like to avoid. I told him as such. Also included were tobacco producers.

Reply to
witfal

Do you, or would you invest in Raytheon directly (not via a mutual fund)? What about McDonnell-Douglas?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No I don't. And, if what I think you're getting at is their involvement in sales to our so-called "friends", no I wouldn't.

Reply to
witfal

That's exactly what I'm getting at. With Bush's blessing, their products end up in Pakistan. And, with the blessing of probably the last 6-7 presidents, their products have ended up in Saudi Arabia.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I stand by my words. For the love of God, I cannot understand why any reputable company would sell to these savages.

Reply to
witfal

My online dictionary's not working at the moment, so I can't look of the exact word I want. "Beauniss", or maybe "bonus". I've heard vague rumors that CEOs get them when they sell more. The guvmint slobs who allow the technology to be sold overseas have jobs waiting for them after they leave office in disgrace.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Universal among all administrations and congresses.

Reply to
witfal

The amount is always relevant, as any lobbyist can tell you, and in the real world the only completely clean politicians are also extremist loonies.

Reply to
manny

Are you still under the extremely naive belief that corporations are not purely sociopathic organizations?

Reply to
manny

Sociopathic?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Have you read a credit card contract lately?

Reply to
manny

Yes.

You made a general statement, so I'm wondering how my local hardware store (a corporation) compares to a credit card company.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Interesting phrasing.

I wouldn't think of any corporation as being benevolent. They're all out to make a profit, but I'd rather they don't sell to terrorists.

Satisfied?

Reply to
witfal