Presidents do not have the write to rewrite the law

Why's that? Do you have some information about whales and sonar that the judges haven't been made aware of?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Instead of attacking the judges, why don't you show why the judges' opinion was wrong?

Besides, you should know that SONAR won't penetrate anyone's skull. You need MRI or CT scans for that.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Don't get me wrong, I love whales. They taste just like chicken.

Reply to
badgolferman

Maritime law is pretty strange stuff.

Reply to
witfal

As far as enforcement is concerned, yes. I was speaking of the original lawsuit and those who filed it.

Perhaps you can show me where your aforementioned groups have issued at least press briefs condemning the navies of other countries for the same sonar use.

Reply to
witfal

I don't have to. The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals has been put in their place on a regular basis by the Supreme Court.

You're an evolutionist, right? If the whales don't like the noise maybe they'll start growing earmuffs to filter it out.

BY the way, how is the spotted owl doing these days?

Reply to
badgolferman

Oh. You're drunk again.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Perhaps other countries don't have this type of sonar. Russia, maybe. From what I recall reading, it's a particular type, relatively new.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I don't get drunk. I do get hungry though.

Reply to
badgolferman

We're not talking about maritime law, but laws that apply to the US Navy and President.

Reply to
Jeff

Perhaps you can use Google yourself.

This has nothing to do with foreign Navies. This has to do with the President and Navy following US law.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Dogs and mosquitoes are in a special category of their own.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Since you've pointed that out already, I wasn't denying it. Don't get touchy.

But you've got to admit that fringe groups do tend to pick only on the U.S. to the exclusion of our enemies.

Reply to
witfal

The likely reasons are virtually guaranteed to NOT be the one(s) you're thinking of.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

OH MY GOD!

Reply to
beerspill

What Shmuckland meant to say was "I heard from someone on the radio that the

9th is liberal, but other than the occasional high visibility case, I have absolutely no clue what sorts of decisions they've handed down."
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What do YOU think they are?

Reply to
witfal

It's pretty obvious. Environmental orgs have access to the legal system here, as well as access to people who've been through the process of getting a corporation or government entity to change something. Do you think anyone would have much success getting the Russian navy to take the same precautions around whales as our navy might. I doubt it. People can comment on it, but they're better off focusing their resources here, where there's a better chance of success.

By the way, here are two definitions for you:

Fringe group: A term used when you're not interested in the goal, don't believe the goal is right, don't understand the goal, the group's members don't look the way you think they should, or they use tactics which illustrates that they have more chutzpah than you've ever had in your life.

Environmental organization: Used to describe the exact same organization as above, when you are personally affected by an environmental violation and their lawyers go to bat for you. Think Hooker Chemical & Love Canal. All of a sudden, Greenpeace was viewed as the savior in that neighborhood.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

One can also look at the things different environmental organizations are doing in other countries. It is not just the US where environmentalists are working.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

That's true, but if I had to pick a country where there'd be a lowest probability of success, Russia would be in the top 5 on that list.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom