[Q:] Do the accessory powerpoints automatically turn off after a period of time???

I have a 2007 Toyota Sequoia that I plugged a maglight rechargable flashlight into one of the accessory powerpoints located on the lower right front of the center console and left in overnight. When I returned in the morning there was not power flowing to the flashlight charger, but when I started the engine, the power came back.

Does anyone know if this car is smart enough to recognize a load on the car battery and automatically turn it's self off after an amount of time as to not let the car battery die?

Or is it a timer that turns its self off after a set amount of time?

Toyota Corp. doesn't know for sure, and neither does my dealer. Is there anyone out there that knows for sure?

Thanks

Reply to
Anonomouse