Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars

I prefer the JD Powers surveys. But CR has a lot of clout because they are on the supermarket shelf by the checkout.

The problem still is that they don't differentiate major and minor problems, like a sludged up engine or a broken plastic trim.

I'm so happy to hear that. > > I gave up on CR about twenty years ago. They have always had an imperfect > ranking - comparing an issue with a turn signal stalk equivelant to a > problem with head gaskets. > > Also, pretty much any car/truck these days will be good/bad depending on = the > amount of abuse it takes and the designer. GM may have five bad cars and > ten good ones. Do all make the survey? =A0Toyota/Lexus/Scion may have fiv= e > bad cars and four good ones. Do all make the survey?
Reply to
johngdole