Re: Echo drain plug

"benoit" muttered darkly in

>news:Sco3d.14842$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net: > >> Hi, >> >> I just did my first oil change on an Echo 2005. >> >> The drain plug gasket stay sticked on the oil pan. >> Is it a permanent gasket? >> Trying to pry it off scratching the sides seemed to be metal. >> >> Is just the gasket sticked, should I insist hard to remove it? >> > >Get a flat-blade screwdriver. Place it against the gasket's narrow edge. >Get a hammer and strike the screwdriver. The gasket should pop off. > >Use a new gasket if you have it. If the old one does not leak, it's fine >for now, but use a new one next time.

Teg, don't you think that he'd be better off to just use the old one now, (check for leaks) then get a new one before the next oil change and use your method 'then'?...I'd be afraid that he might deform the old one and, not having a new one....etc...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Gord Beaman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Gord, the message you're replying to must be at least six months old! What graveyard did you dig it up in?

I figure by now the OP's either got a new gasket or a new engine.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Or a new life?...isn't that odd now...it was marked "19/09/2004" and was shown as 'unread'. Odd eh?...I didn't notice the date because I never look at it...I just read (and maybe answer) those marked unread...oh well, just a minor glitch. I never delete old posts, I have a humongous amount of disk space and have posts back as far as June 97. I think I have every one that I sent after that.

Reply to
Gord Beaman