Re: Iran Briefing

Logical people would wonder why Iran keeps taking hostages and openly provoking a country that is looking for a reason to attack it? I can understand Iran's lack of concern when Double Digit failure Jimmy was our excuse for pres. but otherwise, come on.

Some light reading for all. > >
Roadrunner NG

People who are even more logical wonder why we didn't normalize relations with Iran soon after 9/11, when US power and respect were at their highest. The most recent episode of PBS' Frontline shows how GW Bush blew one of the the biggest opportunities in history:

The reformist Iranians who held power at the time offered not only cooperation in the fight against terrorism but also diplomatic recognition of Israel. However their efforts were derailed by GW Bush refusing to talk with them and by Iranian hardliners, but the final blow came with the invasion of Iraq, which swayed the Iranian public toward the hardliners.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly