Re: Joys of riding bike on sidewalk

Cyclists are MUCH more likely to be bums or deadbeats than are motorists. Most motorists have FAR more invested in their mode of transportation than do cyclists. Motorists, on the average, also pay far higher taxes, therefore are entitled to a privileged position on the roads.

>> "His Highness the TibetanM>> > Some of these "freedom" advocates are elitist riders who go >> > over 20mph >> > and want to include mundane practical cyclists in the same >> > category. >> >> Yes, I think that's a problem -- a significant proportion of >> vocal bike >> advocates I've encountered seem to be fairly serious bicyclists. >> I >> guess that's understandable (they care more than most people), >> but it's >> inevitably going to result in a somewhat skewed perspective. >> >> The main beneficiaries of a bike-friendly environment, on the >> other >> hand, are going to be casual users. >> >> -Miles > > Thank you, thank you. They think we should brave the roads the > way > they are... ;) > > I rather think we need other strategies: > > 1- TAMING TRAFFIC (it's not safe for drivers, how can it safe for > cyclists?) > > 2- GIVE VALUE TO CYCLISTS (yes, we are often treated like > monkeys) > > 3- BUILD BIKE FACILITIES (sometimes bike lanes, sometimes bike > paths, > sometimes shared lanes) > > We don't want to separate bike and cars by 3' and forget it... We > need > bike facilities or cyclists TAKE THE LANE. Two people certainly > MUST > take the lane. >
Reply to
Sharx3335

Who do you think, for the most part, PAID for the roads you dead-beat entitlement-minded cyclists ride on?

Reply to
Sharx3335

I hate to sound as if I am on TibetanMonkeyCrap's side on this one because I am not, but I'd like to see some support for the crap that you are spewing.

As a bike rider, I own several cars and a house, so I'm pretty sure I pay as many taxes as the next guy, and perhaps more, while riding my bike on the sidewalk.

I'm not supporting MonkeyShit as much as I'm challenging you. You are more full of shit than a Christmas Turkey.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

SOME people here seem to have a habit of gravitating to paying too much for bicycles AND computer hardware!!! Just sayin'!

Reply to
Sharx3335

I don't claim that 100% fall into one category or the other--just, ON THE AVERAGE, the AVERAGE car driver has a LOT MORE attachment to the economic/tax base than does the AVERAGE cyclist. Just sayin'!.

Reply to
Sharx3335

So, show me some data on the averages. I think you are wrong. You are so wrong that there are no words to describe how wrong you are. Well, JoeShitForBrains is a good word to use, I suppose. Or, TibetanMonkeyCrap.

My guess is that the average cyclist uses a car to get his bike to where he wants to ride it.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You've gone Pentecostal on me, you're speaking in tongues. That makes no sense.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Straightforward, commonsense talking never has gone over well with LIEbrawls!

Reply to
Sharx3335