Re: MSN Toyota Owners Group

In part, you are preaching to the choir....granted, I rarely visit the > Toyota

> dealership because there are many more competent maintenance > facilities that can inspect and replace expendables as well as the > dealership can...eg brakes, lube, tranny fluids and other obvious items such > as windshield wiper blades. My Auto is in superb service and it was also > manufactured in Japan which gives me a little edge on the reliability issue. > Geez, I have owned Mustang Gt's (4 of them) > and other domestics and this Camry represents my first serious import. (FIAT > in the 70s) None have ever been a serious libility. I take > pride in caring for my cars and keeping very good records of it's care. > I learned all this early in the Army. Still, even if these turd droppers, > that have all these maintenance nightmares, never cared for their cars, I > still worry about public attention drawn to Toyota in a huge negative way > and in such a way that devaluates the car's value because of a legal humbug! > That is the cruxt of my point! That said, I am still caring for my car and I > will endeavor to trade it in soon for a new SLE with or without the bad > publicity..there...all done;) > > regards > > Allen > > 2000 Camry LE owner > (4 more payments and it's alll MINE!!!;)

You are fortunate to have found a reliable independent service facility. I wasn't trying to promote the dealer system, only pointing out the better odds of quality and comprehensive service at the dealership. Of course, not all dealers are trustworthy or competent, just as not all independents are sloppy and incompetent. The important thing is to find a good service place and make sure the car gets some TLC. Whatever the make, it will reward you with long and reliable service.

Barrie

Reply to
Bugs 4 Jazz