Re: [OT] Colonoscopy

"Cathy F." ...

> "Wickeddoll®"... > >>> No, mine was a little bottle of Fleet that was mixed a tiny bit at a >>> time into a cup of water - or soda. I used soda... ginger ale or 7-Up, >>> IIRC? (So I can see where adding the sugar & lemon juice to your >>> concoction would help.) It didn't taste too horrible, but was slightly >>> slimy. More to the point, was more & more disgusting - & terribly >>> filling - as one drank each succeeding cupful. >> >> Ewwww Fleet Phospho-Soda?! > > Yeah, I think so. Sounds right. Clear stuff, small bottle. Undiluted, > it must be horrible. Mixed a tad (.5 oz??) at a time, in a cup of soda > (pop), was okay. The first cup of the stuff was fine, the second... > getting a bit 'old' but still not too awful, by the 3rd or 4th cups - > after the prescribed too-short intervals of time since the last downings > of the stuff, I really wasn't too enthused about it... ;-) > > That stuff made me gag even more! *Nothing* >> made that crap taste any better! >>> >>>> :-P >>>> >>>> Natalie, still doing the toilet tango >>> >>> As long as the tango music's finished before your appt. ;-P > >> Nope, I was pooping up until I was wheeled into the procedure room. > > Not my idea of fun.... > > He >> found 8 polyps, so I'm waiting to see if any of them are cancerous. >> >> *sigh* > > He snipped them all out, right? Hopefully, they'll all be benign; but if > not, at least they're history/gone/out of there. > > Cathy > > >

Yeah, he removed them, but that's not necessarily the end of them. If the surrounding tissue is affected, you often have to remove the section of colon. Then it's hello, shitbag. No, I don't mean a politician...

Getting old sucks.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Color me optimistic, but... if you just had some removed last year, & these were new since then, wouldn't they be likely to A) be benign, & B) if not, be very localized, re: affected tissue?

Yeah. I know a few who fly through life - into their 80's - with no aches, no physical probs. Super-healthy people. But for most of us...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F."...

Yeah, the odds are great, but just in case...

My grandma is 91, but only has arthritis and GERD. She still has all her own teeth, and is completely mentally competent. If it weren't for her going blind with retinitis pigmentosa, she'd probably still be driving.

She wears us all out! *sigh* wish I'd inherited her constitution.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Thinking the best for you. As one whose parent had colon cancer, I am familiar with the "prep", but it is much less onerous than it was when I had my first colonoscopy about twenty years ago. Small solace, I suppose. Again, hope everything is benign for you.

Reply to
tak

Yeah.. where are those particlular genes one *wishes* to have inherited, vs. the ones one actually did? ;-)

Anyway, good luck re: the biopsy of the polyps.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

Here's a recent pic of her:

How depressing is that? I *did* inherit the no-unwanted-body-hair gene from her, though.

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Rightly proud of good legs?! :-)

Yeah - that's a good one; I inherited a couple of good ones I like, but others I'd prefer I hadn't.

You're welcome. :-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

*snip*
*Everybody* who sees that pic remarks about her legs. Yeah, she was always a babe, and still is.

Can't pick them...

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

One of my grandmothers died at age 96, when her neck snapped. She was climbing a wall to take a shortcut, and it collapsed on her.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

"Johnny Hageyama" ...

Wickeddoll® wrote:

One of my grandmothers died at age 96, when her neck snapped. She was climbing a wall to take a shortcut, and it collapsed on her.

JH

WOW

Natalie

Reply to