Re: {OT} taxing how much we drive may replace gasoline tax

This would be great!! I hope and pray the dimmies do this.

Right away I see a problem with this, in an overall sense. It would be a PITA (or pocketbook) for those who have long commutes. It would hit them in more than one way - not only miles driven, but also prob. rush hour traffic - & likely highways as opposed to lesser roads. I don't have a problem with taxing items which are in the "sin" category - or wants vs. needs, but this could fall into a different camp.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Leave it to the Dims, the party of the working man, to figure new ways to get more money out ot the average working man. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No new discussions for you until you tell us why low flush toilets came into existence. You pretended (at least 4 times) not to have seen that question in another thread.

Why did low flush toilets come into existence?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Nah....I need to hear his answer to my perfectly valid and timely question. I'm tired of his habit of abandoning discussions he's afraid to finish.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I never said there was a connection. My first comment to him in THIS THREAD made it perfectly clear that I did not expect a connection between the two subjects.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Why should I pay taxes so that someone else can drive 90 mi a day to work?

I don't see the problem with this.

What I do see is that people are paying for building and maintaining roads. The question is how do you do it in a fair manner and in a manner that encourages the greater good, like decreasing use of oil (gasoline), maintaining the overall environment and building good communities with good public transportation?

Reply to
Jeff

Then why bring it up in this thread?

Reply to
Jeff

Then why bring it up in this thread? ================

Because it's information I want from him, although I realize he will never be able to honestly answer the question.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What a truly wonderful way to destroy rural America and force everyone to live in cramped and high-crime cities. A tax to live out there and an increase in food prices as well.

No doubt if the totally electric car comes to pass then their mileage-tax will also be supplemented by an additional electrical tax along with some Global Warming Greenhouse Carbon Offset tax.

Liberalism is truly a mental disorder. Don't they have any interest in how to stop their idiotic spending? Guess not.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Sure why not. Too many fat people dragging the government run health care down. Tax the hell out of them.

Reply to
dbu'

Sure. If we eat more meat, more animals are emitting methane, which contributes to global warming so carnivorous humans should pay an animal methane emissions tax. If we adopt a vegan diet with more legumes, human methane emissions will increase, especially if nobody implements my idea for methane-fueled seat warmers, and the increased methane emissions will contribute to global warming. IOW, eat less, hurt the world less, pay less taxes.

Reply to
Ray O

Fuck that, I all of a sudden can't afford to go to work. I'll just live on welfare.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

it be called stimlus...LOL. Wher's me damn check.

Reply to
dbu'