Re: {OT} taxing how much we drive may replace gasoline tax

This would be great!! =A0I hope and pray the dimmies do this.

< copyrighted material deleted>

"It's deja vu all over again"

> Yogi Berra

I think this would be a good idea to have people pay for the roads they actually use. I think that we should also tax gasoline, too. After all, how are we going to pay for our troops in Iraq and the middle east?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

That's easy - issue more T-bonds, print more money, etc. No problem!

On Feb 20, 9:52=A0am, Jeff wrote: After all, how are we going to pay for our troops in Iraq and the

Reply to
bogusmailmark

Yet, who pays for it in the end?

Yes, us.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

A good Army should live off the land, if the land can't support the Army then it's not worth invading. And oil under the ground or anything of value can be bartered for food, shelter, warmth. We just need to knock off all this do gooder democracy BS and get right to the point when we invade a country. Now what is in Afghanistan worth having?

Reply to
Fat Moe

Government creates laws to change people's behavior. This law is designed to make people drive less. Obama's and the Democrats' goal is to force people to ride bikes and and live in urban areas, effectively pushing us back toward being a Third World country. That way it will become easier for them to enact their government-dependency programs and as a result stay in power forever.

Reply to
badgolferman

Actually, using less fuel willl make us more independent of oil- producing countries. And when people live closer together, there are cultural advantages (it is easier to maintain a world-class orchestra in NYC than it is in Springfield, MA). I don't see that Democrats want people to be more dependent on the government, however.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Not really, considering that most of the world's oil production is from outside the middle east.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Right and send all your relatives over there to stand guard so they're the first to go.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Yes.

This one will thrill you because country names aren't included. Good luck.

JoeSpareBedroom

Well if you believe the commercials put out by the gas companies, yeah. See the ones with the blond explaining how letting then drill more will raise

1.7trillion for local governments?

Feh.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

He was in Iraq to RAISE the price of oil. He succeeded.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore