Re: (OT) U.S. Gov. Ends Chrysler Investment With $1.3 B. Loss

>> > O'bungler administration is in control. >> > >> > >> > "I am deeply disturbed to learn that the Obama administration left $1.3 >> > billion taxpayer dollars on the table in resolving its bailout of >> > Chrysler," said Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., chairman of the House >> > Oversight and Government Reform Committee. >> >> .........who voted NO on regulating the subprime mortgage industry. (Nov >> 2007) > > The question I would ask is what persuaded them to make loans? > > Community Reinvestment Act passed and signed into law by President > Carter in 1977. > > It *may* have been a *good* piece of legislature if done correctly. > Obviously there were *many* influences forcing banks to make risky > loans. Now you seem to be an educated researching kindof guy Joe, where > do you think one of those *many* influences came from? Should I give you > a hint? Social Justice maybe? And who was in line with the law suits to > force banks to loan? > > I personally think they were all crooks taking advantage of the > situation, but to point a finger at ONE party responsible is nonsense, I > believe it was an equal opportunity screw up. > >

Passed into law in 1977 AND expanded under the direction of the Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. We've been all around this many times, and JoeShitForBrains is taking a much broader No Vote on regulatory measures that would have expanded further the stupid shit that Frank and Dodd were pushing for.

Frank and Dodd were pushing for lessening the regulations on sub-primes, not making them tighter.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Sorry bud, but after your 40, there is no more driving the lane. You just learn to take jump shots. 'George W. Bush - the 43rd Best President Ever!

Reply to
tak

I agree. That's exactly why I commented on the individual, not the party.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I didn't ask a question, although I can see how it may have been construed as a question based on the way it was typed. It was a statement of fact, and the intent was to indicate that Issa has no business commenting on fiscal intelligence in ANY CONTEXT based on at least one of his past votes.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom