Re: (OT:) Why in the name of GOD (or whatever) are we rebuilding New Orleans?!?!

actually it is 23 feet of water if the ice on greenland were to melt.. but

> thats enough.. > > with that said... the city is sinking and unnatural run off is ruining > the coast... > > Dennis Hastert, the day after, said the truth. The problem is Americans > dont always like the truth.

Oh, it's not JUST Americans--it's people in general who don't like change. The time is NOW to STOP building or improving commercial or residential structures which can't be easily protected from rising sea levels. The Dutch certainly know a lot about that. Sometimes it IS practical to "fight the sea". Other times, best just to not get to close to it.

> >> Ask any Environmentalist: coastal US will be under at least 100 feet of >> water in No Time Flat! >> >> So, why the HELL is anyone wasting time, money and effor rebuilding a >> city >> that is BELOW SEA LEVEL?!?!?! >> >> > >
Reply to
sharx35

I would say it is practical to rebuild everything above ground. Let the Ports exist and let the historical sites exist... claim everything else wetlands...

I have been to New Orleans and I have to tell you it is odd how in some places there are nothing but roofs stretching for miles. People, who have not been there, who I have talked to, have little clue how huge the debree field is.

Reply to
GoMavs

Not only that, but we don't know what debree is, either.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Splitting hairs on spelling again?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yes. I'm doing my part to minimize occurrences like you in the future.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sorry, Joe...ain't gonna happen!

(there...Spelling *AND* Grammar!!!)

Reply to
Hachiroku

He's desperate for attention. That is why he is so crude on here. 10 bucks says he had to use spell check to find it.

Reply to
GoMavs