Re: Repeatedly Running On A Low Tank?

The low fuel light sensor is separate from the fuel pump and fuel > level sender.

Are you sure about that? As I recall the wiring diagram for the SO's RAV4, there is not a separate feed for a low fuel level switch. I'll check the wiring diagrams this evening when I get home.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I am pretty sure but not positive that there is a separate sensor for the low fuel warning light.

Reply to
Ray O

Well it looks like we are both right...at least in a way.

For older Camrys there is a low fuel switch, but it is part of the fuel level sender unit (not separately replaceable). For the newer RAV4s, there is not a separate switch at all (just two wires feed the computer).

Ed

Reply to
Ed White