Sequoia option packages, and special ordering?

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row before before the July rebate ends. I'm shopping for a new Sequioa SR5 4WD. Web sites like

or cars.msn.com show a lot of options available individually (stereos, wheel packages, leather, towing, etc). But toyota.com says that dealers typically have only specific configurations (option package 'A', package 'B', etc). In order to get the options I want, I'd have to get a fairly expensive package which also includes a lot of stuff I don't care about.

Are dealers typically happy to special order a Sequoia with whatever you choose? Would this have a big impact on the price you can expect to negotiate, compared to buying one off the lot? And how long do such orders typically take?

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
rbarzel

gee, you mean the dealer would manipulate you into paying more than you want just to satisfy your urge for instant gratification?

Say it ain't so.

Some will, some won't. They're individual businessmen, trying to make a buck. There is no one size fits all.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You may be out of luck if you are talking about ordering a Toyota.

Check to see if the rebate requires you to take possession "from dealer stock" before

7-31-2006.

jim menning

Reply to
jim menning

There are thousands of possible color, model, and accessory permutations. In order to simply inventory, most options come as packages.

Dealers will sometimes order vehicles for you, but keep in mind that 2005 Sequoias are out of production and 2007s will be coming so anything you order will probably be a 2007 model year with 2007 model year pricing.

You may be better off looking at a Limited. By the time we added the accessories my wife wanted, there was little price difference in going with a Limited.

Reply to
Ray O

Good point. Fine print says you have to take delivery before 7/31, so that rules out a special order. I think the cheapest options package would be ok - I'll just have to install some aftermarket seat heaters to preserve marital bliss.

On a side note. When you remove a section of the 3rd row seat, does the remaining section seat one or two people?

Thanks.

Reply to
rbarzel

When you remove one section of the 3rd row seat, the remaining section seats

1 person on 1-1/2 seat.
Reply to
Ray O

Good point. All we want for our Highlander were side curtain airbags, homelink and some safety features. I do not even know why they can not co-exist in regular model.

We eventually bought a Limited version which comes with all safety features. It also comes with lether seats, moon roof, and 17" tires which we do not want.

Of course, the odd size of the tires is also the problem when we shop for the snow cables and replacement.

Reply to
Tom