sienna climate control system freaking out

Hi, I have a 2001 Siennal XLE. The outside temp starts out correctly, and keeps going up until it hits 122 degrees. One time it read "- -".

Normally I wouldn't care, but it seems like this reading is used for the indoor climate control system. For example, when I first start the car the outside temp is correct and the heater comes on correctly as well. But later in the day (when it's still 45 degrees outside) the outside temp reading is 122 you have to crank the inside temp to 85 degrees or "Hot" get it to go on otherwise it blows cold air.

So I'm guessing this is a bad outside temp sensor...anyone know where it is located and if this is an easy job to replace? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

John

Reply to
John Tate

I believe that the outside temperature sensor is located under and behind the front bumper and looks almost like a horn. Make sure the wires from the sensor are not damaged and that the sensor itself is not damaged.

Reply to
Ray O