Electonic Climate Control

My new Sub. has electronic climate control. Here what happens:

  1. In morning outside temp is about 55, in the car temp about 60 (car spent night in the unheated garage)
  2. I turn on Auto mode for the temp say 70, and AC comes up!
  3. By increasing temp on the temp dial, I see that AC turn off at 74 degrees

Why would be AC needed when warm air is blowing, inside temp should be 74 and outside it bone chilling 55? Car has perfectly dry air, so it can't be for dehumidification.

Thanks

Reply to
LB

The A/C indicator turns on, but that doesn't mean the a/c is on. It just means that it may come on. At 74, there is no chance it will come on, so no light. No big deal, just annoying and not documented.

Reply to
Alan

well said. that is how mine works on my '05 WRX. The warmer it is outside, the higher you have to set the temp dial to get the A/C light to go out.

Reply to
DG

That's what I thought might be the case, but a simple observation deems it not true.

When I go auto, and choose the option that includes floor heat, either with/without the defrost as well, the windows stay clear. This is when it's raining, or the humidity is otherwise high. Similar temps exist to the example below, low-to-mid 50's, and dial set around 70-72. Re-circ is turned off. In this mode, given the conditons, the windows stay fog-free indefinitely.

If I hit the A/C button, turning it off, windows begin to immediately fog.

This tells me that the A/C is running when the indicator is on. Unless there's something I'm not thinking of here?

-pete

Reply to
Pete Grey

Indeed I confirm fogging observations. I guess AC is running after all

Reply to
LB

If recirc is turned off, then you are getting outside air, which has much less of a chance of fogging, even when it is humid. Try the test again with recirc on.

Reply to
Alan

Happens with recirc on or off. My original post mentions it being off thou', and the windows still fogging, which supports your assertion. It appears that A/C is on, unless you manually turn it off via the A/C button.

-pete

Reply to
Pete Grey