Squeak on 1999 Tercel

Hello everybody,

I'm having a strange problem with my 1999 Tercel:

I find an intermittent chirping that sounds like it's coming from the front right (?). It only makes the sound if it's damp, at night or in the rain and only at low sppeds (no squeak at idle but a loud squeak form 0 to 50 KM/H) and after 50KM/H it stops. I've had people tell me it could be a belt, or wheel bearings, or other things. Last time I took it into a mechanic they didn't hear anything and couldn't say what it was, they thought it was the alternator belts that was loose, so they change both the alternator and power steering belts but it didn't do any good what soever. ... Like I said, sometimes it's not there. Any ideas?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
chaf

Noises are just about impossible to diagnose without hearing them. Take a competent technician for a ride under the conditions when the sound is apparent.

Reply to
Ray O