Stretch Camry - Rental

I picked up my Sienna weekend rental today. It is an 06 LE. I got the mid row seats to tumble forward but can't get them out even though I am pulling up on the strap indicated. It also says see owners manual for details, but it is missing.

Any hints as to how I can get them out? I'd like to have more room to get my freak on this weekend.

;>)

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Here's how it works on our RAV4:

  1. Tip it forward as far as possible (almost vertical)
  2. Pull on the strap
  3. While still pulling the strap, tip it to one side until the claw on the seat pulls off the bar in the floor
  4. Twist the seat slightly so the claw won't pop back on the bar when you tip it the other way
  5. Tip it the other way to release the second claw
  6. Bask in your accomplishment!
  7. ?
  8. Profit

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Thanks. I did actually have one half of one off as you described. I felt like I was going to break it so I didn't twist. Now I will.

Vehicle feels heavy after driving a Camry for 5 years. But it also feels just like I described above (stretch Camry). Which of course is what it is.

Kinda wish I didn't rent it , now I want one.!.. Like the blue back lite on the gauges and the gas mileage is ok so far. Seats aren't too bad either. When you start it up the needles on the dash light up first then the background. Has a power door (not needed) and no power seat (not sure if I need). Not used to having to turn off the lights myself as it doen's have the sentinal.

I like the 6 cyl. after driving my 4 for years. You can easily spin the wheels on this. I can see myself sleeping in the back on breaks during long trips. Brings back a lot of memories from when I used to trick out my FORD vans back in the 70's...

Think I'll get one (new or used) and pimp it out like I used to for old times sake.

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Where are you going to find shag carpeting and one of those bumper stickers that say "If this van's rockin, ...?"

Reply to
Ray O

LMAO I hoarded some momento from the 70's for just such an occasion.

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Anyone know when the Sienna was redesigned last? Was it in '05? I kinda like the 00's and 01's . They seem a bit smaller than the newer ones and seem to have a smaller nose..

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Charles, you could enter the car show circuit with a Sienna with shag carpeting, mirrors in place of a headliner, and rude bumper stickers!

Reply to
Ray O

'04.

Mort

Reply to
Morton Linder

It has to be Bright Orange shag carpeting, or some other outrageous day-glo fluorescent hue. I'm sure you can special order a few yards.

Then you have to order the van as the "Panel Truck" version and cut in a couple of those diamond porthole shaped windows in the rear quarters. A couple of Thin-Lite RV fixtures with F15T8/BLB blacklight tubes and a few Rock posters on the walls...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

It would certainly be a unique Sienna!

Reply to
Ray O

Mirrored headliner??? Why didn't I think of that.. But I will have to address the weight issue. Maybe intermittent mirrored strips.

Panel version...I think I've only seen 2 of those ever. Whatever I do will be a 03 or earlier model (any rear seats would be gone) . I would like to merge what they have today with yesterday. Wide rims , jacked up rear suspension bed with an air mattress with auto inflate and deflate and fat tires and throw in some external fluorescence and a sunroof of some sort.

I would like to mod the rear door to 2 fold out doors like on my old fords and I'd add a spare tire carrier to the rear.

Sirrius satellite radio is definitely out...

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Wonder if I can get an '03 or earlier Sienna with a J Vin number??

CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

AFAIK, all Siennas sold in the U.S. are assembled in the U.S.

The Previa and the Van were all assembled in Japan.

Reply to
Ray O

What is the van? CP

Reply to
Charles Pisano

Toyota just called it the "Van" in the U.S. It is called a Hi-Ace or Lite-Ace in Japan, and it was originally going to be called the Van Wagon for the U.S. market but VW's introduction of the Vanagon changed those plans. This is the first van that Toyota imported to the U.S. Very boxy looking, the cargo versions looked like a 2-slice toaster from the side. They had a very short wheelbase and the front seat passengers actually sat over the front axle.

Reply to
Ray O