Toyota and GM earn top ratings in Quality

The political race they were trying to predict was a much smaller difference than the reliability of different makes of automobiles. Your comparison is just plain silly.

Reply to
Art

Car quality hasn't yet improved enough to make quality differences irrelevant. About 90% of the best cars in Popular Mechanics' surveys are troublefree in the first year, while the average is about 75%. IOW the average car now isn't even as reliable as a Toyota Corolla was in the 1980s.

Reply to
rantonrave

I think you have to separate the CR reporting and analysis from the subscriber's experiences.

When CR reports on a new car, then they are passing the car around among the staff for input on the report. To the extent the staff likes the same things about a car that you or I like, then they might produce a good report. But the Buyer's Guide is not a report by the staff of CR, it is a tabulation of input by the actual owners of the cars that appear in the charts.

You are talking about the apples, I'm talking about the oranges.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland