Toyota to pay record fines for disclosure delay

Someone pinch me, I must be dreaming. This is the thanks Toyota gets for producing a better mouse trap. We ought to make the Transportation
Dept. drive Detroit made 70's and 80's models for this decision. "The automaker's failure to promptly report defects brings federal penalties that top $32 million." http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-fine-20101221,0,2995009.story
On 12/21/10 4:42 AM, Fat Dumb & Happy wrote:

What does this have to do with building better mousetraps? The fine was for not reporting safety problems in a timely manner as required by law.

Or to bring negative publicity to Toyota to sell more Government Motors vehicles.
--
Mr.E

snipped-for-privacy@totally.invalid wrote:

Yep, Toyota has provided a lot of Americans with reasonable cost transportation and they broke GM, now the gov't decides to shut the barn door.