Toyota Yaris?

Right , it's a left wing conspiricy that says SUVs are more prone to rollovers. You're a moron as usual. Why don't you find the satistics yourself and prove your distorted view for a change.

SUVs are heavier and ride higher than regular cars. The high ride contributes to a propensity of SUVs to roll over in accidents. According to NHTSA, SUVs rollover in 37 percent of fatal crashes, compared to a 15 percent rollover rate for passenger cars. Rollover crashes accounted for 53 percent of all SUV occupant deaths in single vehicle crashes in 1996. Only 19 percent of occupant fatalities in passenger cars occurred in similar crashes.

Reply to
ToMh

I guess your experience put the kybosh to all of the statistics that say otherwise. I have another that swill blow you mind. Only around 8% of all the vehicles sold will be in an accident sufficient to deploy the SRS, IN THERE LIFETIME. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I guess your experience put the kybosh to all of the statistics that say otherwise, as well ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Oh look another right wing moron writing everything off as a liberal conspiracy. Of course you don't know shit about what you're talking about. Geoff, meet Hunt you two should have lunch sometime.

SUVs are heavier and ride higher than regular cars. The high ride contributes to a propensity of SUVs to roll over in accidents. According to NHTSA, SUVs rollover in 37 percent of fatal crashes, compared to a 15 percent rollover rate for passenger cars. Rollover crashes accounted for 53 percent of all SUV occupant deaths in single vehicle crashes in 1996. Only 19 percent of occupant fatalities in passenger cars occurred in similar crashes.

Reply to
ToMh

Absolutely, the safest car is one driven by a safe driver. I think SUVs can be quite safe; the problem is with people who don't know their limitations. I drive up to the mountains skiing a lot, and the majority of cars stuck in the ditches are SUV's and four wheel drive pickups. A lot of people get a four wheel drive car and think they can continue to drive like they're on a flat dry road and won't slow down if their life depended on it.

Reply to
ToMh

The fact is only around 2% of ALL accident involve a rollover in the real world. The type of vehicle that rolls over most often, is a car. Look up tendency and propensity. Over the past ten year more than half of the vehicles sold in the US were light trucks. On reason the Senate has been reluctant to raise the CAFE for light trucks is the death and injury rate among properly belted children has been dropping drastically because more of them are riding in the large, safer SUVs. The average SUV carries more passengers than the average car, as well.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I guess your experience trumps my thirty years as an automotive design engineer. LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I'll look for six wheelers that have rolled over and get back to you. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Light trucks and SUVs have a lower RATE than cars

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What does that prove? A diesel that rarely runs more than 2,500 will easily go a 1,000,000 miles with proper maintainance. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Are you talking percentage or total. because you have to talk percentage to make a comparison.

You can go to

and find the statistics.

Reply to
ToMh

Actually, it can, since the smaller motor can be lighter than a larger engine, and can have the same power and torque at the wheels by spinning faster and being geared lower.

LOL yourself, asshole.

Reply to
dizzy

Anything most anyone claims trumps absurd claims from a proven liar like yourself, "Mike"

LOL yourself, asshole.

Reply to
dizzy

Dumbshit. His point was valid, and you are an asshole.

LOL yourself, asshole.

Reply to
dizzy

Like anyonewe cares what I guy know as Dizzy, AKA Stupid, Troll, Idiot, Moron, Dumbshit, Asshole, Engineer and Pathological liar has to say LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Is that what your believe my friend Dizzy, AKA Stupid, Troll, Idiot, Moron, Dumbshit, Asshole, Engineer and Pathological liar? And you call yourself and engineer? LOL

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

another diz moment, LOL.

Reply to
The always Benevolent dbu.

What counts are rates, not percentages. Percentages are meaningless, if not quantified. The fact is one can not defy the laws of physics. It is an indisputable fact that the larger and heaver the vehicle the safer it is in which properly belted passengers can ride, period.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

It has nothing to do with my experience or yours, these are statistics, and if you are a trained engineer you would know that. If you actually have something to back up your claims then post it, I'll listen. I'm not anti SUV.

Reply to
ToMh

Don't you know that you should take the word of a top-posting, lying troll over the word of the NHTSA? LOL

Reply to
dizzy