Toyotas on Ethanol

Maybe we'll get the 700HP engine they use in the Indy car and F1 Series'?

TOYOTA CITY, Japan--Hybrid cars aren't the only fuel-efficient concept to have grabbed Toyota's interest.

The Japanese company, now the second-biggest automaker in the world, will come out with a car in Brazil in Spring 2007 that can run on 100 percent ethanol, as well as on a blend of gas and ethanol, Yusei Higaki, a project manager in the global external affairs division, told CNET News.com during a tour of the company's facilities here.

Reply to
Hachiroku

If you just want raw power, how about the new Ford Shelby GT500? 500 hp is pretty serious stuff. :-)

Yo could always cover the Ford emblem with a Toyota one. hehe

grabbed Toyota's interest.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the US with ethanol. There are a large number of plants being planned or constructed right now, and nobody seems to know whether there will be enough demand to keep them all busy.

Using more ethanol to reduce our dependence on foreign oil would be a good thing, but so would stiffening up the CAFE standards again so that we don't have so many gas guzzlers on the road.

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

grabbed Toyota's interest.

HEY! My Supra gets 19-21 MPG!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

And could do this with a few $$s thrown at it:

Listen carefully, i think you might be able to hear the rich kid sob.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

But the problem with Ethanol in the US is spelled ADM for Archer Daniels Midland. As long as they get their way, ethanol in the US will only be made from corn. We can't make enough now to have 10% added to our regular gas. In Brazil, they make it from sugar cane and it's cheaper. But there is a 54 cent per gallon import tax on ethanol from Brazil to make it as expensive as US/ADM corn ethanol if not more so. As long as ADM holds sway, ethanol will not be a solution in this country. ADM might as well be one of the :"Big Oil" companies.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr