United Stated Grand Prix

I couldn't beleive my eyes when I got home today and saw an F1 thread in the group. Didn't know there people out there paying attention. But yeah, Toyota F1 is bad ass and on their way to the top. I also wanted to say that if there is anyone on the fence about this sport, take a weekend and go to Indy on the weekend of June 19th and check out the USGP. It is an absolutely fantastic experience. For one, race day tickets are only $85.00. Check any other circuit on the calendar, and you'll see starting prices at $300. Also, the thursday before the race anyone with a race ticket has the opportunity to walk through the paddock and watch the teams assemble their machines (Indy is the only venue where F1 permits groundlings in the paddock/pit). You haven't lived until you've seen F1 techs check the oil level. It's awesome. And oh yeah, right now there are two Toyota drivers ahead of two Ferrari drivers. And one of the latter is M Schumacher.

Reply to
Qslim

LOL! Man, I used to eat and breathe F1! The only 'complaint' I would have is the tracks are too small to provide what I would call real racing. But so far what I have seen this season has been the best since the late '60's/early '70's (with the likes of Phil Hill, Gilles Villeneuve, Jackie Stuart) and the 'golden days' of Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost. In '95 I told my wife, "Watch this Schuamcher kid, he's going to be on top shortly."

And $85 may seem like a lot, but for the raw thrill live racing gives you, it is well worth it!

I just wish ESPN would get back the airing rights. Even if you do have to get up at 6:30 on a Sunday AM to watch!

Reply to
hachiroku

This season has been great, your right. The last several years have been more like a 300km parade of cars led by M schumacher.

Reply to
Qslim

Or like when Mansell had nobody left to lap but himself!

Reply to
hachiroku

Ya know, Q, I'd go to the F1 group, but

1: Toyota is not a "real car" to them; a lot of Tifosi last time I was there, w/ the McLarenits the next big group, the then the Renaultistas. 2: Too many bloody Europeans! (Sorry, SkodaPilot...)
Reply to
hachiroku