2005 corolla cabin noise

Hello,

Just got a 2005 corolla and after driving it for a few hours today, it seemed that there was a good amount of engine noise when giving the car some gas. It seemed more prevelant in 1st/2nd gears (car is automatic).

Is this a common issue with the Corolla, or does the engine require some breaking in? Or is there possibly an issue. It seems loud enough that I am concerned about it and just want to make sure its nothing to be alarmed about.

any info would be great.

thanks

Reply to
straightflush

Best way to tell for sure whether the engine noise is normal or not is to go back to the dealership and ask to test drive another one with the same trim level and transmission for comparison.

Break-in does not affect engine noise.

Reply to
Ray O

I bought a 2005 Corolla LE last year. What I have seen is that the engine noise becomes pronounced a lot inside if pushed hard to high rpm at the start. It also becomes noisy if tried to accelerate faster by pushing gas beyond 3000 rpm. Otherwise, it is queter than most other cars in the same segment.

One thing to remember though, is that a new car should never be pushed too hard before break-in. Baby-sit the car for first 1000 miles and the engine will nicely break-in for a long run reliability. A corolla is not designed to be a sporty car and hence the suggestion.

Reply to
Debasis Goswami