US automaker market share below 50%, Toyota auto sales down, too

<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid 601103&sid=an0gC9tOfJQ0&refer=news>
As has been the case for a while, more consumers (excluding rental and
fleet sales) bought import brand vehicles than American-brand vehicles in July (note to Mike: Your statement that more buy American cars than imports has been wrong for a while). For the first time ever, including rental and fleet sale, more import brand vehicles were sold than American vehicles.
Ford, GM and Chrysler all sold fewer vehicles this year in July than last.
Toyota and Honda each sold fewer cars, too, about 7% fewer.
I guess the high fuel prices and the mortgage situation are at least partly to blame.
Jeff
"Jeff" <...

Yeah, in a bad economy, you don't blow money on a new car, unless you absolutely *have* to get one. At least, most of us don't.
Natalie
Wickeddoll wrote: <...>

That should be true in a good economy, too. It is for me.
Jeff
"Jeff" ...

Have you met Hachi?
:-P
Natalie
I wonder were our friend Natalie got the idea the economy is "bad," from the DNC or from one the NGs goofy lefty kooks like Joe or DIZZY? LOL
If one does a search they will discover, not only is the US economy currently the greatest in our history, it is better than any other economy in the world today.
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

From the decreased auto sales, decreased home sales, increased gas prices. The economy is not bad for everyone, but for a lot of people, it is.

Yet, for a lot of people who work full time, like those in or below the middle class, they are make about the same they did before. You know, the people who tend to fight for the country in the military or are more likely to have sons and daughters in Iraq. But for the richest people, like the richest 1%, the economy has never been better.
Now, please describe in what way the economy is better? In terms of health care dollars wasted per capita? Per capita income? Percent of people without health insurance?
Jeff

I am not sure why the poster who changed the subject did so, considering that the big three sales fell by a much bigger percentage and the Tundra sales have more than doubled compared to last year.
He can't even spell the name of the company or the name of truck.
what an ....
Jeff
Toyota loyalist like to cross post news about GM all over the auto NGs, but even if Tundra sales doubled, double meager is still meager.
GM may be down however they still sell more vehicles than Toyota, GM will still sell more trucks in a few month than Toyota will sell Tundra's in a year, so what is there to gloat about?
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

I am not a Toyota loyalist. Nor am I crossposting. You are responding to the wrong message.

In your opinion, they're meager. They are getting a foothold in the market. A big foothold.

Apparently, they are neck and neck around the world. The US is not the only auto market.

I don't see anyone gloating.
Just reporting the facts.
If you want to see me gloat, wait until the ExxonMobil quarterly report comes out in a few months.
Jeff

How much in dividends should one expect from five shares? ;)
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Let's see, GM sold 196,004 light trucks, Toyota sold 95,050 trucks. That means it takes just over 2 months for Toyota to sell as many trucks as GM sells in a month.
And it will take GM nearly 4 and a half months to sell as many Silverados and Sierras as Toyota sells Tundras in a year.
Toyota is catching up. Like it or not.

You were pointing to percentages. Lets talk percentages. GM has around 35% of the US truck market, Ford around 33% and Toyota around 5% LOL
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Of the US light truck market, according to Ward's auto, around 685,000 units were sold. According to Toyota, Toyota sold about 95,000 light trucks. That's about 14% of the light truck market.
Of the full-size pickup market, there were around 160,000 units sold. About 13% of those were Tundras.
Seems that Toyota is doing better than you thought with its pickups.
Jeff

According to you percentages, but we know your history when it come to percentages LOL
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Well, why don't you go to ward's auto or whatever source of data you like for the July 2007 data, get the data yourself, and do your own percentages? Can an engineer add and divide properly (hint you get to use a calculator)?
To put it bluntly, you are acting like a jerk.
And I am being nice when I say "acting".
Jeff

Get real. Throughout recorded history people that "earn more" will always have more, pay more taxes and give more to others, than those the "earn less."
Those that earn less will also have less, pay fewer or no taxes, yet get more freebees from the government. Those that are truly desperate get checks from the government and free Medicare. You however are free to believe whatever you chose.
When I was a young kid our family was dirt poor Every thing we had, we had to work to get. Walk down the street today and you will see the kids of those folks that do not work or have low paying jobs wearing gold ear rings, $100 sneakers and talking on cell phones all day. Are they the ones without health insurance you are referencing? ;)
mike

"Jeff" <...

You know you're wasting your time, right?
Natalie
Wickeddoll wrote:

<...>
It is fun watching Mike make a dummy of himself.
At least he does one thing well.
Jeff
"Jeff" ...

A self-made man. Gotta admire that.

Troo dat.
Natalie
Mike Hunter wrote:

Not the greatest in history (19th century), not best in the world (China - incomes doubling every 7 years).
Where do you get your misinformation?