Not good, George - OT

So?

He's a lame duck President. Do you think he cares?

Reply to
Go Mavs

On 2007-08-01 18:26:58 -0700, "Go Mavs" said: [top-posting corrected]

In light of his attitude toward the war, and immigration, I'd say the answer is "no".

Reply to
witfal

Exactly, so if you believe the war needs to be ended then stop bitching about Bush and tell Democrats to allow no more funding.

Reply to
Go Mavs

Exactly what I've advocated for weeks. I DARE the Dems to end it.

Now.

Where have you been?

Reply to
witfal

Where have I been? Paying taxes and supporting it. I believe we should send a total of 400 thousand troops there..and sweep the entire country door to door for weaponry...

then leave... on the way out we should bomb Irans nuclear facility to non recognition and then leave the area...

Reply to
Go Mavs

That only strands the troops with no resources.

Can you say "Vietnam"?

Reply to
Hachiroku

That would be the thing to do.

These people are k00ks when you hand them a gun:

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Celebratory gunfire erupted across the capital Sunday when Iraq's soccer team won the Asian Cup, in a 1-0 shutout against three-time champions Saudi Arabia.

Stray bullets killed four people and wounded 17 others in the capital, an official with the Iraqi interior Ministry told CNN.

An Iraqi woman who was among military workers watching the game from a U.S.-Iraqi military base labeled the team members "heroes."

"This is our victory," said the woman, who was interviewed by CNN but would not allow her face to appear on camera because of security concerns.

During the 'celbration', people were firing their AK-47s into the air, and the falling bullets killed 4 people.

See what kind of a culture we're dealing with?

Wonder why I don't care for Islamists?

Reply to
Hachiroku

What a stupid idea. That weaponry would be replaced overnight, probably by our friends, the Saudis, through their surrogates fighting in Iraq.

Really? We should bomb what will soon be a worthwhile ally in the Middle East? Why do you say that?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You think Iran will be a worthwhile ally? Are you nuts?

Reply to
Go Mavs

I meant, "Where have you been when I posted my demand that Dems end it."

Reply to
witfal

We removed their worst enemy. We're empowering Shias, which are also a majority in Iran. We're cooperating with Ayatollah Sistani, an Iranian Shiite cleric who is one of the few religious figures with a cool head in Iraq. You can bet Iran will be an ally before too long.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Something wierder is happening here in AZ, historically a solidly Republican state. Newcomers have registered as follows:

Independent: 53% Democrat: 33% Republican: 11% Libertarian: 1%

larry moe 'n curly

I've read similar stories. If Bush's motives were to drive people from the GOP to re-register as Independents or Libertarians, he's succeeded immeasurably.

Reply to
witfal