W58 tranny and bell-housings

So, after a little more research, I find the Celica and the Supras all used the same rear fitting on the tranny, so the W58 SHOULD be able to bolt up to the tranny mounts.

What I haven't been able to find out is if the bell housing will work between the 22RE in the Celica and the 7M-GE in the Supra.

Also, do I need a different drive shaft?

ALSO, I have a GT-S Celica, with the IRS. I'm willing to bet that the differentials are the same also.

No wonder Toyota trannies are bulletproof. The W58 is rated (or so i've seen) between 230 and 325 HP. The 22RE in the '85 Celica put out

140-155HP, and the Supra 7M-GE 200 HP. Now, in the Celica, you weren't anywhere NEAR approcahing the limit of the transmission!
Reply to
Hachiroku

The W58 is often used in Chryslers with sixes and 318 V8s especially in Australia. Isn't there a Toyota manual of even heavier construction?

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Don't need it. The W58 is a direct part for the NA Supr, and is rated to handle 230-325 HP. The NA Supra puts out 200, and the Celica puts out about 150. Talk about Over-Engineering!

Reply to
Hachiroku

It should.

Just a guess, it should also fit. It may be close.

Dunno there. You'd have to measure.

Nope. Not close at all.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore