bell housings??

does the 7mgte share the same bellhousing with any other engines? IE- 22R-E,3vz etc.

Basically i am looking into buying a 74 toyota pickup and my buddy has a built 7mgte he say i can put in it. _________ Used Car Donation Car and Autos Zone

john

I don't believe so. You're putting a 7M-GTE into a TRUCK?!?! Suicidal, or what!

The truck used the W58 trans for the 5-speed option. The w58 can take up to about 230 HP, which is right on the line as far as the 7M-GTE goes. The

7M-GE version of the Supra used the W58, but with a different bell housing and shift adapter (The W58 could have the shifter in three locations, front, middle and rear).

The R154 was thr trans that was used with the 7M-GTE and could take ~300 HP. (You can see why Toyota trannies are so bullet-proof! I had a W58 in a

150HP Celica! Should have yanked it for the Supra...)

There are PLENTY of web sites available for nuts like you! ;) I have seen

7M-GE swaps; I'm sure there must be some 7M-GTE swaps as well.

Hey, let me know how you make out! This will be interesting. (Um, what the HELL are you going to use this truck for, anyway?)

Reply to
Hachiroku