Why I hate everyone so much

There's something Freudian in there. I just know it.

Reply to
witfal

There's something Freudian in there. I just know it.

Reply to
witfal

You need to get laid.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

That's because we women are considered "mankind" - so misanthrope is the closest you'll get.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I did. Less than 24 hours ago.

24 hours? Maybe that's the problem.
Reply to
witfal

Now *that's* Freudian. :)

Reply to
F.H.

Time for another 11 seconds of bliss followed by a nap?

Reply to
F.H.

========

Witfal, there is an antonym of misogyny. It's misandry :-)

And let's not forget the ever popular words androgyny and androgens.

That character on Saturday Night Live named Pat, played by Julia Sweeney, was androgynous. Rock musicians David Bowie and Mick Jagger have sometimes portrayed androgynous figures, too.

Umm, let's see. David Cassidy, the eldest son on The Partridge Family, was rather androgynous. Those are the 3 figures that come to mind right now. Well, I guess, Sean Cassidy ("The Do-Run-Run" and Hardy boy) might also be thought of as androgynous.

I had a professor, once, who was very androgynous-looking. I think androgynous men sometimes grow a mustache or other facial hair to help in disambiguation.

Reply to
Built_Well

===============

Oops, sorry Natalie. Didn't mean to contradict you.

Reply to
Built_Well

Life's just not fair.

Reply to
witfal

Excellent! Thank you.

Reply to
witfal

========

I was composing that message while you posted.

Reply to
Built_Well

"Wickeddoll®" said:

Sorry, wit, but...

ROFL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"witfal" Wickeddoll®"

Not as unfair as I thought. BW found "misandry" - new one for me, but it's correct.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

News to me too. Ain't usenet grand?

Reply to
witfal

Thanks, Scott and Cathy ! This Kid Creole song must be a 'cover' or update, since it sounds newer than the records I used to hear. And the lyrics are altered a bit.

I remember the start of the song about Trouble in the Family..... "Ah Woe...Ah Me Pain and Trouble in the fam-i-l-y...."

They're really funny songs.

The one about Walking in the Park goes "One night walking in Central Park I heard a murmuring in the dark...." etc

"when you think she's belonging to you, She's calling somebody else "do-do" (a term of endearment)

I haven't thought of these lyrics in about 50 years, so maybe my retention is better than I thought.

Reply to
mack

Hmm, I thought misandry was the normal state of most single women over 30? They want us for 2 things: Money and that other thing. They don't want a relationship, they don't want to share their life, they just want a certain feeling in a certain spot.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

You're welcome; I'd never heard of him before.

This Kid Creole song must be a 'cover' or

We can memorize song lyrics & keep them in our brains relatively easily; studies have been done on this sort of thing.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

On the other hand, did Jimi Hendrix really say, "Scuse me, while I kiss this guy?" Did Credence Clearwater really say "there's a bathroom on the right?"

Sorry Mack.

F.H.

Ah, mis-heard lyrics. They're in a different category. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.