01 camry driver side mirror

looking for a power driver side mirror not heated. some one over this past weekend broke my mirror, the person got his fingers behind the mirror and pryed it apart and left it on the ground. i guess what i want to know , is there a online store that you recommend? i went to toyota and they want $218.00 for the complete unit. t i a -mlr

Reply to
MLR

I'd start visiting salvage yards.

If all they broke is the mirror -- and not the rest of the assembly -- you could look for a non-power mirror assembly and just use the mirror out of it. They're cheaper, but you have to pay attention to the part on the back of the mirror that connects it to the assembly. There are 2 different connectors -- if you tilt the mirror you'll be able to see it. One connection is round, one is square.

Reply to
Hopkins

Probably I'm not understanding what you've said, but if the mirror is just pried apart, any possiblity of pressing (snapping) it back together?

Reply to
Daniel

I've delt with these guys and it turned out fine. The mirror had to be painted, but considerably cheaper than the dealer. Shipping was overpriced but still cheaper.

On

2005-06-15 20:59:34 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MLR) said:

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Me

I bought an entire unpainted, unheated mirror assembly for my 1997 on Ebay for $50.

Reply to
badgolferman

hi thank you for all your responces. there is a ball pivot be hind the mirror and 2 finger like protrusions next to it, the ball pivot compleatly broke off. i went to toyota to see if i could get just the mechanicals, but they said no? i'll try that link and e bay. thank you all. mlr

Reply to
MLR

Hi,

As a matter of general interest, having just taken one of mine completely apart because someone had broken the glass, the two finger protrusions are the push/pull connections from the motors which drive the mirror. They are usually also a tiny little ball joint with a stud on one side to stop them from turning in the socket. The glass was a snap fit in its recess with some neutral cure silicone behind to stick it in place.

Although it did not make any eventual difference to me, all I had needed to do was to take the complete mirror assembly to a glazier. They said that they do many replacements like mine.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff