Explorer outside mirror question

98 Explorer EB 4WD. I need to replace my broken passenger side mirror. My current one has the puddle ligh but no heat but I found a good price on one with a puddle lamp WITH heat. Anyone know if this one will this hook up OK? I just want to make sure the electrical connectors are the same and it will fit.

Thanks.

Al Williams

Reply to
Allan Williams

Well I'll go ahead and answer my own question I guess for posterity...

98 Explorer EB 4WD. I ended up ordering the new power mirror off eBay with heat and light (even though I only had the puddle light on my old one) as I figured I could make the electrical connector work even if I had to splice it. To make a long story short the electrical connector was compatible and the mirror works fine. I now have a heated mirror as well as a bonus as it appears the electrical was in place for it in my EB.

Ordering the part off eBay

was painless and cheap ($21 USD + shipping!) so I'd definitely recommend them. Replacement was easy: - Remove inside door panel (with window down) - 2 screws and some push pins - Remove speaker to disconnect mirror plug behind it - Remove 3 bolts holding mirror on (don't drop them in the door!) - Reverse above

Reply to
Al Williams