1999 A3 TS Mirror Vandalised

Hey everyone

I wonder if someone might be able to offer their two-cents

Unofrtunatley; I left my A3 T-Sport outside work over the weekend and despite folding away my mirrors carefully, some little s*rote has wrenched the drivers side mirror forwards, past it's usual position causing it to break and hang loose on the car.

Ironically, the electric bits of the mirror still work now it's duck-taped in position but what I want to know is if it's likely I'm going to have to shell out for an entire new mirror or can I replace just the bit that attaches mirror to car (this appears to be the bit thats broke on closer inspection- unless someone thinks it's likely bits inside the mirror housing wil have suffered too).

Thanks for any replies.

Dan

Reply to
dan_xtc

Hi Dan,

Head over to your local Audi spare parts agent. Audi has a wonderful computer based system that breaks down every singl ebit of the car in seperate stages on a computer screem. Every single part, how it ties in, and the part number come up. The spare parts person will then be able to tell you exactly what you need and whether you need to order just one part, a couple, or a kit.

You can get a quote whilst you're there, thank them for their time, and then use the part numbers to do a ring around.

I have an after market workshop manual for the A3, but it only talks about taking it off and reinstalling it.

Hope this helps a bit, and good luck from a '97 A3 owner!

Cheers, Greg.

Reply to
Greg

Greg, Do you have a soft copy or scan of it? I have similiar problem and need to take it off to see what connectors it has before I can order the new one. Thanks a lot!

Reply to
ivan.wells

Ivan,

Just confirm with me exactly what you need to know out of the workshop manual, and I'll get it to you somehow.

I don't think my scaanner works anymore, but I can take a photo of the pages clear enough to email to you.

I take it your ivan.wells at symbol gmail dot com is your email addy?

Cheers, Greg.

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
dan_xtc

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the delay. Sent you them via email just now.

Cheers, Greg.

Reply to
Greg

Hi mate,

Have sent them to your email address. Sorry for the delay with Christmas and all.

Cheers, Greg.

Reply to
Greg

In every case I have run into that is a whole mirror replacement.

Reply to
Robert Hatcher