03 Camry radio-cd dead -- which fuse?

Ejected cassette and turned off ignition to get gas. When I turned igniton on again, radio totally dead. Tuning screen blank. All other electrical items work as before.

Operator's manual and fuse panel cover show fuse diagrams, but no fuse is shown for radio/player. Can anyone suggest which fuse it might be?

If it is not a blown fuse, will have to get radio repaired. Is it better to take it to dealer or to take it to car radio repair shop?

Thanks for considering the problem(s).

Ed Bock

Reply to
<eabock

Wouldn't this still be under warranty? (Unless mileage is over). There should be a fuse for radio, it may be on a circuit with another item, like clock or lighter so check again to make sure. If you take it to the dealer they are going to send it to a repair depot or local repair shop then charge you for this service. If you are capable of removing the unit yourself and take to a radio repair shop you should save some money. Most of the Toyota panels I've messed with (not many) pull off, there are exceptions though, so pull gently to determine if it does. On my Tundra I have to pull heater/ac control knobs off (pull straight out), then remove screws found under them and remove two screws under the top air vents by pushing vents in at top and looking up in the cavity exposed. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Cassette! Doesn't that POS Camry have a CD player? My 01 American made car does.

Lot's of GM and Ford bash> Ejected cassette and turned off ignition to get gas.

Reply to
Weird

My '05 Camry has BOTH cassette and a 6-CD *changer*. AND an input for the ipod.

'Course my 'Mericun van had CD and Cassette and VCR . . . but no DVD, so I had to get rid of it . . . .

('94 Grand Voyager clunker -- traded it in on an xB.)

-D

Reply to
Don Fearn

Of course it has both a CD and a cassette player - cassette stil nice for books on tape and long trips.

Reply to
Wolfgang