2000 Camry CD ERROR

Ok so,

I believe that someone had not tried to eject the last cd that was in the s= ystem when someone tried to jam another one in. Probably one of my idiot f= riends. But now everytime I try to eject or listen to it, it gives me an e= rror message. anyone know how I can pull one of the disks out without havi= ng to take it in? I don't really want to pay them lots of $$$ if there is = a way I can just do it. Any suggestions?

Geoff

Reply to
GEOFF4587

I believe that someone had not tried to eject the last cd that was in the system when someone tried to jam another one in. Probably one of my idiot friends. But now everytime I try to eject or listen to it, it gives me an error message. anyone know how I can pull one of the disks out without having to take it in? I don't really want to pay them lots of $$$ if there is a way I can just do it. Any suggestions?

Geoff

Hi, One way or another the CD that's in there has to be removed. Try a pair of tweezers or using two thin butter knives to extract the CD. (I've had to remove CDs the same way from imacs in our school when kids have contests to see how many CDs they can shove in before the teacher notices.) With some patience you should be able to get it out. However, the CD will probably be unusable afterwards. The best scenerio is that the CD player will still work. Should you be unable to retireve it you might need to remove the the unit from the consule and hold it vertically so gravity can help make the CD fall out. . Not to worry. It is a pretty straightforward disassembly.I found a pdf for the original removal below. And if you still aren't convinced go to Youtube and see if you can find a video of someone replacing a radio for the 2000 Camry.

If after removing the CD and it still doesn't work you might still be able to salvage the operation by opening up the cassette box and see if you can notice anything obvious out of place.

And if that doesn't work consider this being an excellent time to update your radio so you would have the opportunity to have a newer one that will play mp3's on a CD, use a USB flash drive and connect an mp3 player for about $120 from Crutchfield, who will supply the wiring harnesses, excellent diagrams, a mounting kit for the Camry, and phone tech support. Having replaced the radios in both our 2000 Sienna and 2002 Camry I can attest that both installations were fun, easy and exceptionally gratifying with the new found technology.

Jan Alter snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Jan Alter

system when someone tried to jam another one in. Probably one of my idiot friends. But now everytime I try to eject or listen to it, it gives me an error message. anyone know how I can pull one of the disks out without having to take it in? I don't really want to pay them lots of $$$ if there is a way I can just do it. Any suggestions?

Do your other 5 CDs play, and go in and out. If so, I'd write off the sixth as dead, at least until you have to take the radio out for some other reason.

When you open up the case, the CD holder/mechanism is probably in a removeable unit. I say this based on general knowledge, not this particular radio or even Toyotas. And if someone is used to taking things apart, it probably won't be that hard to get the CD out.

Reply to
micky