1987 Camry brake lights on all the time

Hi

Just out of hte blue my brake lights are on all the time. Even with the car turned off. I currently have the battery disconnected.

SO what does the brake light circuit look like?

Is there a switch near the pedal that activates the lights? Or are the switches on the master cylinder? Are there any other deviecs? A relay? Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

Firstly brake lights normally operate when the car is off. I believe there is a switch on the pedal that activates them so I would start checking there as it is probably just stuck on.

Reply to
Robert McMillan

There is a switch behind the brake pedal arm, pretty easy to get to. Contort yourself under there and see if it's stuck.

Reply to
qslim