1990 Camry: air-conditioning problem

Just had my cooling system replaced (rebuilt compressor, receiver dryer, retro fit kit, freon R134a). The replacement system doesn't cool--at all! If the shop doesn't come through with something that works, how should I proceed? (I live in California.)

--Mike

Reply to
Mike

The shop sent the car out that way or .... it ceased operation shortly after you got the car back?

If the compressor is turning when the drive clutch engages then I would move to investigating the expansion valve if so equipped. Possible failure or obstruction. BTW, there are one or two R-12 replacement refridgerants that are said to be environmentally friendly. Check the web.

Reply to
Philip®

The shop sent the car out like that. I picked it up Friday at closing, so there was nothing I could do.

I'm taking it back in tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

--Mike

Reply to
Mike