1994 camery light in spoiler failed.

I got a(maybe 2) light/s dead in my spoiler, and brought it to canadian tire wher those guys claim it's impossible to change lights in spoiler unless I change the whole spoiler, but it's too costy..

Now the lights warning led keeps on, so I wanna get rid of this light without changing the whole spoiler, any ideas?

Reply to
grape

Canadian Tire? Try the dealer. See if you can buy the light cluster separately.

Reply to
Daniel

I think the lights in the spoiler will be LEDs " light emitting diodes" They have an extremely long life. But are usually supplied thru some current limiting resistors. Maybe some of them have burnt out or PC track gone open circuit. Either should be easily repaired. If the LEDs are faulty I am sure you could get replacement very cheap from some electronics supply house for Cents, rather than a Toyota dealer. I am fairly sure that it will be a module that will lift out of the spoiler somehow.

Just my 2cents.

Johnny UK ( electronics eng )

Reply to
JM

The logic you have is pretty solid through and thorough........til you get to the part about repairing it. Most of the led light strips like those are sealed and next to impossible to open without damaging all of it permanently. This may not be the fact in this case, but it is very common. This allows for further sales of spoilers and entire spoiler light strips. noth are quite expensive compared to the price of the LED. If it's as easy as changing a light bulb, they'll change th light bulb. Anything more complex, they buy a new part. There is always the possibility of building your own replacement strip.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB®