1995 Camry question for Daniel or others interested

I recently posted about my 1995 Camry (Australian build) and Daniel suggested that I overhaul it instead of buying a replacement. As I like the car very much (great car) that is what I am doing. So far I've had the power steering rack and pump replaced, the front and rear suspension overhauled, a new battery fitted, along with having the headlight bulbs upgraded, the transmission checked and the fluid replaced, the brakes serviced and the fluid replaced and I have a spanking new paint job in the original colour. The car is going and looking like new!! One thing that I need advice about is this.. I am getting poor return to centre of the steering wheel from a full right hand turn and to a lesser extent from a left hand turn, this was the case before I had the power steering overhauled. Can anyone advise me what may be the cause of this before I go back to the mechanic?

Sandy Bangkok Thailand

Reply to
sandycruden

============ Sounds like something in the suspension is binding. "Caster" settings cause the steering wheel to return to center and they are fixed by the suspension design on the Camry. What did the "suspension overhaul" include? That should have uncovered any items not moving freely or with excessive play. Did they check or replace the ball joints? Control arms? Tie rod ends? Struts or strut mounts? These would be the items to check.

Reply to
Daniel