2000 camry v6 fuel guage

I have a 2000 Camry v6 with 94k miles. When I fill up the gas tank the fuel guage takes about 30 minutes to move from E (empty) to Full. It
has responded this way since I purchased the car eight months ago.
I'm wondering if this is normal for Camry's or is this an indicator of a problem with the sending unit or guage?
RickC
RickC wrote:

Well if I could spell "gauge" correctly, I would have seen another post for the same problem. In the previous post, one person responded that this is normal for Camry's. If anyone has a different experience I'd like to know.
TIA, RickC

My '92 Camry also takes a long time to climb to the full mark, but nothing like 10 minutes. I would guess about 3-4 minutes. There is some sluggishness built in so that the gauge doesn't not jump around when the fuel sloshes in the tank.
On the other hand, my 2000 Avalon must use a different type of sender as it instantly jumps to the full mark.
Merritt

My 99 V6 Camry takes a considerable time to indicate a Full after refilling but I've never timed it. On the other hand, the first time I filled at back in the fall of 1998 I suspected a bad gauge. But, by the time I got home it was nearing full and the next morning it was full. Always wondered if mine was the only one until tonight!

For what it's worth, my wife's '95 i4 has always been like that since new. Fotofreak

I have a 2000 Camry with a 4 cylinder, automatic, 96,000 miles. It takes 20 minutes or so before it reaches the full mark. I've owned the car for over 4 years and its always been this way. I believe it to be normal.
Mike C.

Rick,
My wife has a 2000 Camry V6 with 95K on it. She claims the gauge takes over 15 to 20 minutes to come up after she fills up. Sounds like you are OK.
John
All I can say is bad design. I never have such problem with any of my previous cars. My 2000 Camry V6 also takes a long time before reaching the full indicator after fueling up.