2000 CE wheel covers creak!

Newbie to group - Just got 2000 Camry CE - 44K miles runs and drives fantastic. But the wheel covers creak - the plastic seems to be flexing at all wheel speeds. I walked right along side the car and touched the wheel covers and could feel the movement in/on the plastic. Are the steel wheels flexing?? I don't know if they are factory covers. Grey slotted design with imitation chrome nuts around the center. Car was detailed by Toyota dealer - Maybe tire shine worked its way between cover and wheel rim? Very noisy and annoying. Same noise when I simply push them in or pull at them with my hand. All four wheels doing this.

Any ideas as to cause? All insight appreciated. TIA Bob

Reply to
BeeP

Have you tried pulling each off and re-seating them yourself? I noticed that on my 02, I need to sometimes do this after I have the tires rotated.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B