Light blub warning light

I've got a 96' Camry with what I believe is some sort of light bulb sensor problem. The orange "light bulb out" warning light comes on intermittently. When this lights up, I check all of the parking, tail and brake lights and all are working fine. The warning light goes out when I shut off the car and restart it.

Anyone out there got any ideas on diagnosing this problem? I'm fairly competent with a meter and not afraid to dig into this. I just need some direction.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
TCL

Check the wiring harness that flexes at the trunk hinge - common problem.

Reply to
Daniel

Do you have a 2 way radio in the car? The sensor gets confused by too much RF.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

No 2 way radio. Just a trunk mounted Cd player with an in-line fm modulator.

Where is the sensor located?

Reply to
TCL

its called a tailight indicator it a yellow box located in the trunk left side behind the carpet now also it can be fooled we get it alot the third brake light is replaced with the wrong bulb the bulb works but the indicator measures the resistance of the bulb and it says its bad even though they work also you may haved a bulb going bad do this turn you car on then hit the brakes and see if it comes on if not then turn the head lights on see if it comes on if not put it in reverse this will hwlp narrow it down which bulb is out or it could be your sensor they have been know to go bad

Reply to
naandy2002