2001 - this model spans what period?

The only way I can distinguish recent model camrys is by looking at the back.

Mine is 2001 and has horizontal rear lights - kind of cat eyed.

Earlier models also have horizontal lights, but they are thinner and level.

Newer models seem to have the lights moved out to the sides.

So, what period range is identical to my 2001 model?

Thanks,

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Reply to
Roy

I believe yours is referred to as sixth generation Camry. It being longer, wider and taller than the fifth. Easily distinguishable on with the elongated head lites and the rear tail lites as you mentioned.

Mike of the fifth generation

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Thanks for responding. Just saw a guy at the store with an identical unit. His is 2000. Mine is 2001. This will become important later when I order parts on the internet.

So how far back and forward does the generation go?

Roy - Carpe Noctem

Reply to
Roy

longer,

Here is a breakdown of the last three generations of Camry

Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Here's how I identify the last three generations of Camry:

Gen 3: Round (lots of curves) Gen 4: Square (lots of straight lines) Gen 5: Fat (the rear end looks all bloated)

Reply to
Chip