2002: getting wires out of the center hutch

Greets.

I have a 2002 automatic and I'm about to install remote radio gear in the center hutch (under the padded armrest). This is a great spot as it has plenty of room and a 12v cig lighter receptacle in there.

I'll need to run two wires out: one to the front area of the console and one under the passenger seat and up the side for a roof antenna.

If you lift the little carpet thing at the bottom of the deep hutch, there are two bolts in there. I'm guessing this secures the back end of the center console to the floor. So I'll need to drill a hole in the front section / interior of the hutch to get the wires out. But what's next to it (I don't want to drill into existing wires or something...)?

I'm thinking that if it's mostly hollow under that center console, it will be easy to run one wire up to the front of the console and just drop the other one off the side then under the seat. In other words, it's getting the wires out of the hutch that's the issue; I don't want to have them running out of the top as that's klunky, the top won't close, advertises that there's something in there, etc.

Has anyone done something like this?

Reply to
Big Kahuna