How do you get the seats out of an '89 Cressida?

I want to take out the front seats on my '89 Cressida to thoroughly clean under them, get to food debris that's fallen in the cracks. I can't seem to locate where they're bolted down on the underside. Anyone have any hints?

Thanks

Reply to
Doc

Should be bolted down from inside the car. Look/feel along the bottoms of the seats.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You are NOT going to like this. :)

To remove the seats, you'll need to also remove:

The center console, (watch out for the two screws under the little piece of carpet in the bottom of the arm rest bucket)

Remove the center seat belt bolts.

Remove the little plastic covers from the front and rear of each seat rail.

The bolts are under those plastic covers.

You'll find removal easier if you also remove the little plastic cover from each of the shoulder belts (where they attach near the door) and remove those bolts. This allows the shoulder belts to be moved out of the way of the seats.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

See my post. He won't feel them because they've got these annoying plastic covers that hide them and part of the rail assembly both from the front and the rear.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Yeah, they did the same thing with the Supra....

Except they keep falling off!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oy... you're right, but if that's what I gotta do, then that's what I gotta do.

Reply to
Doc

P.S. Thanks for the info

Reply to
Doc

No problem. Oh, one more thing!!! Don't just yank out the seats once they're unbolted. There are VERY small wires that run up under each seat to the seat sensor (attached to the seat belt warning system) and one under the drives seat for the power if you have the power seats.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore