2004 V.6 Engine Hesitation and Acceleration Difficulty

My 2004 v.6 Camry has this problem also. Furthermore, the accelerator requires more pressure than is normal. I've driven Camrys for the last

12 years and I have NEVER had one with these problems. Toyota has been no help at all. At first, the dealer where I bought it said there was no problem, then they admitted that the 2003 Camry V.6 had the problem and they claim that Toyota came up with a remedy. They kept telling me Toyota would issue a bulletin on the 2004 problem, but then they changed their tune and told me "go talk to Toyota, we can't help you." The hesitation problem is potentially dangerous, because, you can never tell exactly when it will happen. The difficulty in accelerating makes this car no fun to drive. I would love to get rid of it, but I'm not sure what path to take.
Reply to
Bruce Dellums

THere is a TSB out concerning the computer controlled shifting. It involves re-programming the software for the transmission. I've done it several times and have had customers tell me that it has improved the quality of ride. I think it's covered under the 5/60 warranty, but I can't remember off hand.

Reply to
qslim

I've had the same problem with my 04' Camry. The dealer has suggested Toyota is aware of the problem and resolution is in progress. If someone knows a TSB is out already for it, please advise.

Reply to
BLimey