2005 camry auto transmission

I have a 2005 camry LE and it used to downshift on steep hill when stepped on the brake. Lately it has stopped doing this. Is there some sensor that may need replacing next time I have it into the dealer.

Thank You

Reply to
David Wells

Don't know the answer to your question, but I had exactly the same problem few months ago. It came back on its own. I noticed I now need to slightly hold the brake a little longer for it to kick in. It seems it has some type of intelligence of its own. Resetting the computer might fix the problem. Thought about it but never tried it.

Hard brake might affect how it behaves. So I try to avoid hard brake. On the other hand avoiding accident is probably more important than this, :).

Reply to
ZR